April 11, 2009

"Are they Twins?"--DUH!


Its been hard getting used to what people say to us and I've had a couple of you guys ask what we are hearing, here is a list:

"Are they Twins???"--this one isn't rude but its getting old, and it also makes David and I crack up. We really want to look at them and say DUH! David actually said to one lady, "NOPE, we just got pregnant again REALLY fast!"

the next thing out of their mouth when we say, "Yep! Twins!" is
"Are they girls?"--Nope...we just thought our sons looked really cute dressed all in pink with pink car seats! Seriously people, this happens to all my friends with babies and I just don't get it. I could understand if everything was green and yellow, but if its a blue car seat with a football hanging down and the kid is in blue its probably a boy.

How this is where a nice person would take that info--yes its twins, yes they are girls, and just say cool, or congrats (we actually did get a congrats once! I loved that lady! She made my day!) instead for the most part we hear...

"OH MY GOSH, thats crazy!" With a horrified look on their face.

"Double duty!" "Double trouble" or some other lame comment about being "double" again all with a look of disgust on their face.

This was was so lame I just acted like I didn't hear her..."Well you know they are going to like boys at the same time."

"We you expecting Twins?" I am not sure if she was asking if we did fertility treatments or if they run in our family or if this stupid lady actually thought I went in to have one baby and another just popped out. When we said, "yes" she said, "Oh WOW!!" ???

"You are going to go broke"

"Well its hard enought with ONE, I don't know how you could do it with TWO."--well we are, and its working out just fine!

We went out to lunch after the girls Dr.'s appointment and the girls slept in their car seats the whole time, not a peep! Perfect little babies. David was paying at the register and this guy comes up and says, "Oh wow, you are having a really busy day." David looked at him and said, "Nope." He got flustered and said, "Oh well I guess its normal for YOU."

And then there is the loud gasp, the obvious point and then the loud "whisper" saying, OH MY GOSH, TWINS! Then we walk by and they just stand their with their mouths open. Hahahah, seriously its like they have NEVER seen twins in their whole lives! Its pretty pathetic.

I guess the worst thing is the looks along with the comments. They are horrible! It makes me feel like a freak sometimes! I always reply that they are perfect babies and we are just doubly blessed. A lot of times that works and they feel stupid for being negative over a baby! Which they SHOULD! I just wish people would either mind their own business or say something nice with a NICE look on their face! So do me a favor, if you see someone with multiples just say, "What a blessing! Congratulations!" and keep waking! They are busy enough and don't need to hear all your gasps and answer all your questions.

0 comments on ""Are they Twins?"--DUH!"

Post a Comment

 

The Denton Twins, and their Mommy too! Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez